Protecting garages, dealerships and mechanics
You can imagine the scene. One of your employees takes a customer’s car out for road testing, misjudges something and crashes the car. Not only do you have to explain to an angry car owner what happened, you also have to pay for the damage. It’s just one example of the kinds of risks that owners of garages, dealerships, auto mechanic shops and body shops have to face. Just having a commercial general liability policy though won’t cover you. For example, a CGL policy would cover you if someone tripped and broke their arm in your workshop. It might also cover you against supplying a defective product or incorrect service that resulted is subsequent damage after your customer has left your premises with their vehicle. Unfortunately, it won’t include auto-related coverage. And a normal commercial auto policy is designed for businesses whose use of vehicles is usual to their line of business. For garages – which in the insurance world can mean anything from a showroom to a valet parking business – there is specialist insurance.
There are two sides to garage insurance. The first is normal garage considerations – liability for damage to customers’ vehicles while they are at your premises and / or in your custody and control (for example, test driving, delivery, etc.). The second type of policy covers damage or loss caused by your work – a car is in an accident because brakes weren’t adjusted or installed properly or a motor fails because an oil plug wasn’t reinstalled properly after service. Axis Insurance Managers is able to create both policy types, which means you can be fully covered whatever auto-related business you’re in.
We all know accidents happen. And if you’re in the auto repair business, you’ll know better than anyone! Whatever aspect of the auto business you’re in it pays to get the right coverage. Our knowledgeable and competent team at Axis Insurance has many years’ experience in insuring auto-related companies, from multi-location dealerships to individual mechanics. We know how daunting and complex the world of insurance can be, but by taking the time to get to know your business, Axis Insurance Managers can create insurance policies that are tailor-made for your company and offer excellent value for money.
Benefits of Garage Insurance coverage from Axis Insurance Managers Inc. include:
• We offer both sides of garage insurance – normal garage considerations as well as for events that happen after your work is done
• We are able to guide you in selecting the right elements of liability coverage and help you understand how a proper package of liability will protect your business
• We have long experience in insuring the auto industry which means you can benefit from our knowledge
• We cover all kinds of businesses including: dealerships, repair garages, service stations, storage facilities, parking lots, valet parking, delivery services and towing companies
• A garage keepers policy covers automobile liability including vehicles owned by you, your customers’ vehicles while they are being serviced or repaired and courtesy cars
• We can create comprehensive auto coverage for any fleet requirements
• Our relationship with market leading insurers means we can create policies which are both flexible enough to meet the needs of your business, but also offer great value for money
• We can also write insurance for all the other aspects of your business including property, crime, general liability etc.
As with every insurance policy there are different options, policy wordings, enhancements or amendments available. Your Axis Insurance manager will be able to help create a tailor made policy to suit your exact requirements.
To find out more about Garage Insurance, or to discuss your existing insurance policies, please give one of Axis Insurance’s professional and experienced team a call at 604.731.5328 or email: email@example.com. We would also be pleased to outline the benefits of Garage Insurance with your management team or board members. If you would like to schedule a meeting or request an application form, please contact us.